June 2012 Update

Road realignment schemes were completed for Louth County Council on the N52 Dundalk to Ardee road and the N2 Emyvale to Monaghan road. The N2 works revealed four Fulachta Fia or cooking pits from the Bronze Age and involved the production of a Laser Scan survey of Tirnaneill Chapel. This was a breakaway Presbyterian meeting house constructed and maintained by a small group of dissenters at the time of the Ulster Synod in 1840.The last baptism in the church took place in 1970 after which it fell into disuse.